google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Found it!!

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Found it!!

Just a day ago I asked about a science-fiction short story anthology I had as a kid, the title of which had been lost to me for decades. 

It took a reader on Sci-Fi Stack Exchange all of about twenty minutes to give me an answer. 



Beyond the Stars: Tales of Adventure in Time and Space not only included the only known excerpt from the original Star Wars novelization, it also had an excerpt from a Doctor Who novel, a fact I had completely forgotten but that roared back with full clarity once I saw the table of contents. It also had a weird combination of Star Wars cosplay and Battlestar Galactica Vipers on the cover!





I found a copy for under six bucks on Ebay (albeit with no cover photo) and ordered it on the spot. It'll be good to have it back "home" on my shelves. 



No comments: