google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Suzanne Somers

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Suzanne Somers



Suzanne Somers, who played Chrissy Snow on Three's Company and later starred in She's the Sheriff and Step by Step, has died of cancer at 76. 

Three's Company was a favorite of my family and a hugely popular show in my childhood. I confess I was more of a Teri than a Chrissy guy - but I think for most people her run on the show defined its best years. After season 5 she took the advice of her husband and made a play for a vast pay increase and instead found herself replaced. She went on to star in a couple other sitcoms and was the spokesperson for the Thighmaster, although she never again reached the same level of fame. 

Odd, in recent months Three's Company has become an occasional viewing choice here in our home, and I even follow a fan site on Facebook. 

Of the three original show roommates, only Joyce Dewitt remains. 

RIP. 

No comments: