google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Congratulations on doing what you do Best.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Congratulations on doing what you do Best.





Congratulations to the Milwaukee Brewers for finishing with a 90-72 record, a National League Central title . . . 
and then getting swept by an 84 win team in the first round of the playoffs. 

#$@$%%


49 years. 

FORTY NINE YEARS this team has disappointed me and left me bitter and angry and incapable of EVER trusting that they'll win a Championship. They would have to be up by six in the ninth inning of game seven of the World Series before I could feel certain of victory. 

You think I'm kidding? 

In the example above, I originally wrote "up by 5 in the 9th inning." Why did I change it? 

Because, hand to heart, I immediately pictured a scenario where they allow a couple runs and some baserunners, fall apart as the momentum swings, and surrender a grand slam to lose the Series. Right here, at my desk, I could see it clear as day, and my heart dropped. 

No mas. No mas. 

No comments: