google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Willie Mays

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Willie Mays

 Willie Mays, in my opinion the greatest center fielder of any era, a man with 660 home runs to his name, who loved the game and was loved by it in return, has died at 93.



Long  ago, as a senior in high school, I set out to learn everything I could about baseball in the way I knew best: through books. One of those books was Say Hey,  one of a few autobiographies Mays put out in his lifetime. It wasn't the greatest book on the sport that I would ever read, and I remember that each chapter ended with a summation of that season stats. Stii, it was enough to convince me that people were right when they said that he was one of the best ever.


RIP 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment without signing in if you like, but please leave your name in the comment. Thanks for reading!