google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Flooding

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Flooding

23 years ago my first job was working for a land surveyor. His day job was working on the Deep Tunnel project, and I remember him telling me it would end the city's sewage and flooding problems. Fast forward to 2013. Today's awful storm flooded the streets from the midpoint of the park to two blocks east of my street, as well as most of the side streets in my neighborhood. Meanwhile, my basement, once prone to routine flooding, survived without a drop, courtesy of the french drain I dug in 2010. Maybe MMSD should call me for some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment without signing in if you like, but please leave your name in the comment. Thanks for reading!