google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary



Last night, knowing it was a Holy Day of Obligation in the Catholic Church, I attended a 6pm Mass. 

I was squeamish about going. My church attendance has been non-existent lately, not from a lack of Faith but just scheduling and old-fashioned human laziness. I was running a couple minutes late but thought I could easily sneak in; after all, there wouldn't be much of a crowd on a Tuesday night and they'd be grateful to have another guest. 

I was right, I easily snuck in, but for the opposite reason - it was so crowded no one noticed. 

Young and old, from infants to elderly; singles and couples, whole families, you name it, they were there. Heck, the parking lot was full, and I had to park "illegally" along the perimeter of the lot. 

I'm not sure why I miss Mass so often, aside from the before-mentioned laziness, because not only don't I find it boring (granted, I have a high tolerance for boredom, as my mind is always running) but I find it very moving and comforting. 

Anyway, $4 a pound. 



No comments: