google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Gary Graham

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Gary Graham


I won't lie to you: until this morning I couldn't have told you his name if you had given me a year to think on it. Even so, the news today that Gary Graham died on the 22nd at age 73 hit me in the gut. 

Graham was the star of Alien Nation, the 90's TV series based on the book and movie of the same name*. While it was short-lived, I ate up every episode, and the one centered around a massive city riot played in my head many times in 2020. 

Later, Graham would go on to play Soval, a Vulcan ambassador to Earth, in Star Trek Enterprise. That may be his best known role, but I never saw his episodes. To me, he'll always be Detective Matthew Sike, teammate with an alien partner in a much different Los Angeles. 

RIP 


 


*yes, I read the movie novelization. 

No comments: