google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Gone too Soon

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Gone too Soon

Horrible news reached us this afternoon.

When YaYa moved to her first apartment a few years ago she befriended Mike Somer, her older neighbor across the hall. I know, your mind goes immediately to "creep" but it wasn't like that.  He was genuinely kind and cared about her as a friend/surrogate daughter, and we all got together for a 4th of July BBQ at their apartment complex last year. 


 As YaYa is fond of telling me,  he told her I seemed much too nice to be a lawyer lol. 

The two stayed in touch even after she moved to her new place.  This was their text last week:


It was to be their last communication. Mike was found dead today in his apartment during a welfare check.

He was nice to my kid and made a positive impact in her life.  That's enough in my book to make him, in the words on my Grandma, a Good Joe. He'll be in my prayers. 

RIP 

No comments: