google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: On Miley Cyrus

Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

On Miley Cyrus

I'm not sure what's up with people hating on Miley Cyrus' VMA performance. Sexually explicit? Sure. But hot, and entertaining, and the last time I checked she's over 18 and can can prance around in a tan bikini and twerk to her heart's content..  I think she 'wins' for most memorable act of this year's show. As to the 30 second N'SYNC reunion - why bother? I've had yawns that have lasted longer. I rate that as a fail.

update: Ack. I must be growing more tolerant in my middle age. It's one thing for people on FB to dislike Cyrus' performance and give their two cents on their page - that's fine - but the string of condescending/derogatory/insulting/virulently hateful comments that have been left on public FB accounts (news feeds, etc)  is nauseating.

This earns your ire? Not violence in Chicago, the collapse of Detroit, or the working poor; no, a *partially clad woman* is a your bellwether of the End Times.

Worst of all are the comments from  men I know would be happy to insult her and call her a slut -- and then sleep with her and go home to their wife. Enjoy your hypocrisy America.

She's laughing all the way to the bank! - Lisa

No comments: