google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Same Love

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Same Love

I don't like the song "Same Love" by  Macklemore. It's got nothing to do with its stance on gay marriage,  I just don't think it's a very good song. Aside from the guest vocals by Mary Lambert there's nothing to it aside from a preachy monologue. What bothers me the most is that *I'm not allowed to dislike it* without running the risk of being labelled a bigot. This isn't anti-PC paranoia, someone actually suggested the two were equated, and Lisa has asked me not to mention my thoughts on the song, a request I reject firmly/respectfully as a ridiculous concession to group think. People, it's a pop song without a hook! If the subject was more conventional you'd have booed it off the radio in the first week.

No comments: