google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves



Recently I have a mental block that prevents me from devoting any attention to TV, books, movies - its's a complete 180 of my first five decades honestly. It took me three (maybe four?) viewings to get through this movie. Not because of the movie itself, just the mental block. 

That, may I just say, sucks. 

Now I know nothing of Dungeons and Dragons the game, having never played it, so don't ask me if Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is true to the source material or even the spirt of the game itself. 

What I do know: this movie was FUN. 

It is lighthearted from opening to close, but not so over the top that it loses track of the plot (simple though it be) or devolves into a parody. When there is a need for emotion or character development the tone tightens effectively, and their are some ingenious action sequences in the third act. 

I liked it. 

I really, really did. 

Go rent or stream it today!





No comments: