google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: YaYa is engaged!!

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2024

YaYa is engaged!!

This morning I went to the DMV to renew my driver's license and had two missed calls from YaYa. I texted her a pic from the DMV and told her I'd call her when I was done.  In response I received this photo:


My YaYa is engaged!

Here's the scoop.

Back on the 9th I was scrolling on my phone in bed when Alex, YaYa's boyfriend,  nervously asked to speak with me. It was hard for him to get to the point,  as anxious as he was,  but I could see it coming.  As I wrote my work chat at 10:05 that night:

My oldest daughter's boyfriend just asked my blessing to propose to her this weekend. Unnecessary but sweet.  :)  

I told him of course he had my blessings and that I would be proud to have him as a son-in-law.

Friday they left town to spend the weekend in a yurt they had rented. 


This morning YaYa was fascinated with some frogs nearby and concentrated on getting some photos. 



Behind her, as recorded on video,  Alex waited on bended knee.





I think they are a great couple and I am thrilled to see them start a life together as husband and wife. 



Congratulations YaYa and Alex!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment without signing in if you like, but please leave your name in the comment. Thanks for reading!