google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Barring an 8 run comeback .

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2006

Barring an 8 run comeback .

The Yanks are going to lose and be eliminated.

Ugh.

Well, it ain't the end of the world, but it dang near feels that way.  To be honest tho', any team that fails to score for twenty straight innings deserves to sit and watch the Series on TV.

My biggest regret is that despite the anemic total offense most of this will be laid at A-Rod's feet. If they can find a taker, he might even be moved in the offseason.

Stupid.

Ok, now the game tonight could further shape the course of the playoffs, but here's my New and Improved Predictions.

Oakland vs. Detroit - Detroit wins, if only because Oakland can't win two series in a post-season. And because Detroit starts with a D, which reminds me of Blue, which is my favorite color.

Mets vs Padres (I'm hoping the Padres pull it off, and I'd prefer LA over the Mets, but what the heck) - Padres over the Mets in a full seven games

Detroit pretends it's 1984 and win it all.

Followed, predictably, by Detroit burning to the ground in celebration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll go with Detroit. Is Dave Dombrowski still GM? He was my neighbor when I grew up! :-)