google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: State Fair '06

Search This Blog

Monday, October 9, 2006

State Fair '06

This August we took the kids to the State Fair just down the road.

We listened to Ronald McDonald read the kids a story

posed for gimmick photos with Mr. Peanut (Planters was there celebrating their anniversary. Middle Child posed with a NASCAR car, me and Diddy posed for a sports magazine, and YaYa and the Mrs.danced on Broadway), and overall had a very enjoyable day.

[personally, I spent a large chunk of the day dwelling on some disaster at work that I don't even recall now. I'm such a crazy schmuck sometimes lol

That, my friends, might be my first recorded 'lol' in the history of Slapinions.

Dear God, what's become of me?]

After the storytime we went to watch a kids circus. They asked for volunteers to take part in the show, and naturally YaYa raised her hand and was picked.

Here's something new though: although she orignally hesitated, Middle Child raised her hand. She wasn't picked and it dang near broke my heart. She was upset too but wouldn't take no for an answer. She walked right up to the performers and tried to sneak her way into the show. It was left to the Mrs. to guide her back to her seat :(

Following the command performance we lined up to ride, of all things, an elephant.

At the last second Middle Child got scared and backed out, so she and I watched Parker, YaYa, and the Mrs. take a very unusal cruise.

Then we hit the most exciting part of the fair for me . . the creampuffs!

Following which we hit the indoor expos, where both girls signed up to do the power trampoline, with (again a surprise!) Middle Child leading the way!

They loved it!

We stopped to watch a kids dance troupe, and Parker and YaYa loved it

But Middle Child bugged out and I walked her around for a bit, grabbing a push-up pop in the process :)

We ate lunch, then hit the animal exhibits (fake cow, duh, but plenty of real ones. This is Wisconsin)

The kids continued an annual tradition of playing on the piggy bank slide

and played on a tire swing

[Interesting story, to a Dad at least: as I'll relay later, Parker loooovvves music. We stopped and listened to a marching band and he started rocking out; later he grooved to a bag pipe player who stopped and performed just for his enthusiastic young fan]

On the way out we stopped at Build-A-Bear's traveling exhibit, where YaYa and the Mrs. made her a bear who's name . . well, it slips my mind. I'll ask the Mrs. later.

As I said, a very enjoyable time :)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rode the elephant with my nieces a few yrs ago with a local circus. I also bought the purple teddy bear "Serenity" is her name for my bedroom. I have light purple & white colors! ;-)