google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Ouch

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 8, 2006

Ouch

Well, kazaam.

I thought the Packers had the win, or a tie at least, and then Favre is hit and fumbles inside the Saints' twenty.

Heck of a way to go 1-4.

Not that I care a rat's a** about the NFL, but to my eyes it looks like the Packers under Mike McCarthy are a whole lot better than last years version.

Still young, still sloppy, still frustrating  . . . but exciting to watch most of the time, and trying, which is something I didn't pick up last year.

* * *

On to a real sport: the Dodgers are out. Nice game tho'.

Word is Torre is out (to be replaced by Pinella?) and/or A-Rod will be shipped out of town.

Again: 34 dingers, 121 RBI's. I don't give a hoot how little he hits in the post-season, why would you trade away numbers like that?

My opiinon: he may very well need someone to carry him in the ALDS and ALCS. Reggie wasn't much good in the LCS either. So what? With a lineup like the Yanks they should be able to float him for a bit, then hope he unleashes his talent in the Series.

Torre's long been a favorite of mine, but fatigue has set in. Maybe new blood is needed. It certainly seems stupid (to me) to mess with A-Rod's already confused head by moving him around to the bottom of the order IN THE POST-SEASON DOWN TWO GAMES TO ONE.

Nor would I have gone with Wright in game 4, but whatever. I'm a big fat, unathletic guy in Milwaukee.

What do I know.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And looky looky at those lovely BEARS! :-)