google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: So far in the playoffs . . .

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2006

So far in the playoffs . . .

Surprises galore. The A's finally managed to win a post-season series, and even more shockingly, did it by sweeping the Twins.

No way I thought that was going to happen.

LA is on the brink, and that's news to me too.

And the Yanks . . here they go, on the cusp of sitting home for the year. I don't think it's going to happen. If '04 reinforced any idea, it's that it ain't over til it's over.

But if they lose, no tears. A lot of disapointment, but no tears. I've kind of come to the illogical and superstitious conclusion that God's made a trade: healthy babies in return for October defeats.

In '01, after all, the Yanks lost to the Diamondbacks before my wife had even recovered from labor.

In '03, the infamous debacle against Florida four months after my daughter's birth.

And in Parker's birth year, defeat in the ALDS.

Who knows, maybe the curse is broken.

But then again I have one more kid to bring into this world.

Argh, the sacrifices we make for being a parent.

No comments: