google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: I'm still here

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2006

I'm still here

Yeah, I know the routine. Post a bunch, dissapear, come back again and hope someone's still reading.

I'll deal.

Meanwhile, another MLB regular season has come to an end. I only made it to one game, but you know what? I don't care. The Brewers, having earned a one year reprieve from my disgust, again went down the tubes.

I'm still a fan - I'm very brand loyal - but ugh.

Ugh.

At least my XM radio brought me the sounds of games across the continent. I didn't use it for games as often as I thought I would (Radio Disney, Big Band on 4, the top 40- stations on 20-22, and rock from 41-54 had my attention) but I got the chance to listen to a host of Yankees games. Weird to hear a woman do color commentary, but I was impressed.

And I've realized something. I love the Yankees. Not because other people hate them, 'tho that rocks, but because I genuinely love 'em.

They make me happy.

And they give me somebody to root for once the Brewers fall out of the race around the All-Star break.

Just miscellaneous MLB stuff: Arod is great, and the hell with his critics, the Cubs sucked (yea!), and this steroid crap is getting on my nerves. I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna give Bonds a pass, because the endless allegations and second-guessing are wearing on me and the sport.

Anywho, I've been hunting around for my post-season picks. Naturally I can't find the sheet, but here's what I remember:

AL: Yanks defeat Detroit in 4, Twins take A's in 5.

Yanks beat Twins in 6.

NL: Dodgers beat Mets in 5, Padres beat St. Louis in 5 (ok, that's a long shot, and I don't really see it happening. So let's take the St. Louis Antiseptic and Boring in 4)

Dodgers beat St. Louis in 7

World Series: Yankees earn their 27th championship by defeating LA in 6 games.

And wouldn't it be great if ARod drove in the winning run?

No comments: