google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Marriage Story

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Marriage Story

By golly, I did it. I've seen each of this years Oscar nominees for Best Picture. That's been an annual, unrealized goal all my life - until now 

🙂

"Marriage Story" is a a film about the sometimes contentious divorce of a married couple. The premise is simple but it is executed beautifully, and Adam Driver just dominates the screen. Laura Dern, who I thought was banal in Little Women, did a great job here, and so did the legendary Alan Alda. Scarlett Johansson's performance, while eliciting no complaints from me, failed to move me.

There are shades of "Kramer v Kramer" in "Marriage Story." Will it surprise at the Oscar's ala KvK? I don't know. But I wouldn't complain if it did.




No comments: