google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: I need help with the About Me section

Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2008

I need help with the About Me section

Ok, I need some help. After three years and change on AOL Journals, you'd think I'd remember a thing or two.

Apparently not.

I'm trying to update my 'about me' section. I'd like to add some graphics there, graphics that link to another site.

Namely this one:

I added the picture via the handy 'camera' icon and then hit the 'globe' and tried making it a link to the site in question (as that site had recommended, actually).

No go.

I also tried adding a smidge of HTML into the About Me to 'create' a banner, but I can't remember how to do that at all.

This is doubly important because I am waiting for the arrival of a new masthead (or what I guess is a 'tag', although that term is new to me; either way it's the thing at the start of each of my entries) and a sidebar graphic with updated pics.

I warn you in advance - should you submit some advice and it fails to work, I might email a follow up question or two.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is what I did.  I went to banners on the site and uploaded the graphic that you have, the green one.  Then I uploaded it into Photobucket which is a free site where you can store your pictures.  They give you a HTML code to post on your journal, it is the third link down under any picture that you save there.  Then go into All About Me.  Decide where you want the graphic and then hit enter a few times sothere is a gap for it  and it does not muck up anything else. Switch from text to HTML and post the code then go back to text and it will be there.  Then you highlight the graphic as you probably know by moving your mouse side to side over it.  Then click on the globe icon to put in the address.  Make sure you have the URL correctly.  I have never had trouble doing it this way.  Hope it helps.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVVE that site...loyal addict here...hehehe.  I'm absolutely no help with your change struggles...sorry. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

Love the site. I'm going to give you what is called a cheat sheet. I use this all the time. I acutally have it linked in my favorites. I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, everything I know I taught myself. So when I came across this site I was thrilled. It pretty much does the work for you. Let me know how it works out. If you find you still can't get it going. Let me know and I'll do it for you.

Heres the site: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

Anything you needed to know about how to create links, words or pictures is there.
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

After you add the rice banner highlight it with your mouse and then click on the link that says add hyperlink (round, next to camera) .  Insert the URL of the rice page.  I did this just this morning with the rice donation page.  It was quite easy.  If you want to add any HTML  to your about me section highlight, right click and copy the code, hit edit my about me, put in HTML, paste the code in, put in TEXT mode, wait for image to appear, then hit SAVE.  This should work.  If I can help you anymore email me.  Hope I helped.  Val
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason