google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Inaugural 2008 SleepOver

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Inaugural 2008 SleepOver

One of YaYa's friends was in need of a babysitter for Friday and somehow it morphed into a large sleepover. Representing YaYa: Anna, AnnaBelle, Sophia. For LuLu: Amelia.

Friday afternoon Lisa took them sledding at South Shore while I watched Smiley and the baby.

Her's Sophia's Mom:

I believe YaYa is in the pink.

Later that night we watched Meet the Robinson's (an impressive Disney flick - Keep Moving Forward!) then bunked down for the night. There were some issues with kids afraid of the dark, but all in all it went smooth.

2

In the morning, waffles

Once some of the kids left we packed up the rest and went to Home Depot for the monthly kids craft project. This month was a hit - a princess castle bank - and so the line was super long (in fact, a verbal argument with open threats of physical violence erupted when someone tried to skip in line)

At any rate it was too long of a wait so I asked someone at the store to sneak some of the projects out to me. Later, when the rest of the kids went home and Lisa was at work (and after I made a great dinner of steak and potatoes that the kids ignored) I helped them put the projects together.

[note both Smiley's physique and the 40 Christmas cards we received, after sending out 55 (and having several returned for wrong addresses). Not a bad return on our investment.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, sounds like a great day with lots of fun....More work that I could have done... those kids are lucky...

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I swear that was not me in Home Depot! HA! Not this time! :-) Steak & potatoes??? Nope don't you know kids & animals are never impressed with the expensive stuff...just cheap mac & cheese! HA! Like my store bought toys for my babies...they would rather have the caps from the non-aerosol bottles to chase after & carry in their mouths! HA! Hey...I didn't even get my cards out so...Sounds like fun...I need to that...monthly project! Thanks for the idea!