google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Packer Prayer

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Packer Prayer

I am not one of the millions of Wisconsinites who worhip the Green and Gold. I like the Packers and all, but I don't live and die by them; I don't even own any Packers clothing (gasp!).

Even so I'll be watching the NFC Championship game today and rooting just as hard as anyone in this state. I think we can take the Giants. It'll be rough going at times, but I think it'll get done. I'm looking forward to seeing the Ice Bowl II, with temperatures expected to start out at -7 degrees with wind chill factors much below that.

I'm also rooting for the Chargers to knock off the Pats, for too many reasons to mention.

Here's a take on the Lord's Prayer that's circulating on the net. Not my cup of tea, but cute none-the-less.

Our Favre,

Who art in Lambeau,

Hallowed be thine arm.

Thy bowl will come,

It will be won.

In Phoenix as it is in Lambeau.

And give us this Sunday,

Our weekly win.

And give us many touchdown passes

But do not let others pass against us.

Lead us not into frustration,

But deliver us to the valley of the sun.

For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,

and the gloryof the Cheeseheads,

now and forever.

Go get'em. Amen."

Go Pack!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so not a football fan, but I'll wish Green Bay wins for you!!  Cute prayer!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Typical Wisconsinite wrapped up in all your fair-weathered glory.

Anonymous said...

Never became a fan of football, baseball is my stye...but good luck to your team...be well..Sandi

Anonymous said...

Sitting here in the second quarter, score 7 to 6 with Green Bay in the lead.  I say, GO PACKERS!  I'm with you on this one!
Sam