google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Three shots of our living room and a chance to show off some of my wife's work

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Three shots of our living room and a chance to show off some of my wife's work

First, a little before and after. Before, circa Jan-Feb of 2007:

And then in September of the same year. Granted, it's mainly cosmetic (except the floors) but impressive all the same.

The painting above the fireplace was done by my wife. She has an impressive knack for the visual arts/crafts/decorating/party-planning. I have none of her skills in that area, but I have her on one point: she has no imagination for stories or make-believe. I'm serious. If you erased all stories from human memory and assigned her, and her alone, to get the ball rolling and come up with a story . well, better luck having me design a prom dress.

Here's another project of hers I find very impressive. She took an old painting we purchased at a yard sale and covered it with four squares of hand-selected fabric. I've always felt this rocked and that is was an imaginative improvement over the original painting.

[Note: I'm sorry the picture leaves a little to be desired. I just dashed upstairs to take the shot (it's 12:49am), flicked on the light, took the photo and dashed out before I woke up my wife. No time to orchestrate a great shot}

Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is just great! Trading Spaces should be very afraid! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a change she has made.  She sure is one clever lady...bythe way the new colour on the walls is the same as on my wee sitting room !! Sybil x

Anonymous said...

i love that lapis color with the brown.  it's one of my favorite color combinations.

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Now she must come do my place as I have no talent that way, it looks very nice and I love the cobalt bottles.


                    Julie

Anonymous said...

What a contrast between the before and now room pictures!  Your wife is very talented.  I love the picutre over the fireplace and the contrasting blue vases.  Very clever.  She has a good eye.

Jeanie