google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Man that sucked

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Man that sucked

Well as you all know by now the Giants just defeated Green Bay in overtime, 23-20, to advance to the SuperBowl.

Congrats to them. I'll be rooting for them to defend the NFC and uproot the Patriots.

Frankly it's a shame either team had to advance to the big game after watching those last 30 minutes of regulation.

 I was impressed by the 1st half and dismayed in the 2nd. Once I realized that the Pack couldn't move the ball at all my gut said the game was lost. Fortunately for comedy fans the Giants seemed intent on watching the SuperBowl from home. Their errors kept the Pack in the game.

Pfftt. It was a helluva season and no regrets up to this point, but Shazam . . . the Giants tanked two field goals to get the game to OT and we still lost . .

I have to look on the bright side. For the first twenty-odd years of my life the Packers sucked. I remember lousy year after lousy year, so I should be grateful that I've had 15 years of greateness and managed to see the Pack back in the NFC Championship. Still . . .

I'm gonna feel this one in the morning.

* * *

In an early attempt to cheer up I just wanted to record my joy at the Donald Driver 90 yard dash-and-dodge for a TD in the 1st half, the fine defensive stand to end the 2nd, and the interception by  the Giants that turned into a fumble recovered for a Green Bay 1st down; all three plays had me on my feet screaming.

I think I'm going to go upstairs and tuck in my kids, who have put up with me watching the game for hours..

Man this sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear ya...one bummed out Colts fan this year.  i just want to see the Giants bring a fury down on the Pats.
..here's to next year~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

As a football fan (and a Patriots one), I would have loved to see the Packers play the Patriots. Too bad, it did not happen. Now of course, we can beat up on the Giants. Hate them Nu Yorkers :)

Go Pats !