google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: J-Land Photo Shoot #127

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

J-Land Photo Shoot #127

I enjoyed last weeks contest, so here's another entry in Sometime's I Thinks J-Land Photo Shoot.

The subject this week is OLD.

This is a picture taken on my first tour of the home I live in now, which was vacant for a number of years. 

The cloth electrical wires and old-school fuses above, when combined with a vastly outdated power supply (to my recollection, less than half the juice that flows into a 'normal' home), were not enough to power a modern fridge or washer.

As a result the house had only an old ringer washer and an icebox. As you can imagine we replaced and updated the electical service.

Now that I look at the link above I realize I've posted this pic before, as part of that tour. So, in the interest of not selling the same item twice, here's a shot of the washer I mentioned (there were actually two in the basement).

* * * *

Tonight Lost returns for Season Four, and let the word spread far and wide: knock on my door, call my phone, Nextel me, or otherwise interrupt the glory of watching my favorite show in HD on a big screen (for the first time) and you will face a wrath unseen since the time of the Pharoahs.

Have a nice day!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...when I began reading, and saw the old electrical box, I thought you were going to share your ancient furnace with us. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

 Great shots.  What a wonderful washer, but as a collectible and antique dealer I would love that, LOL.


             Julie

Anonymous said...

LOL... great pics. Can you believe my grandmother still had a wringer washer 15 years ago and used it everyday.  YES LOST finally. I'm with you on that one.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and thanks for the warning about "Lost"..Sorry, I'm not into it, so on Thursday evening, no contact will be made...LOL

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

my mom had a similar washer to what you put in the pictures! it is an old one. great pictures!

betty

Anonymous said...

that washer is awesome...i would never want to have to use it, spinning a knob and pushing a button is better than sliced bread.  i'd keep it and threaten to make my kids do the laundry with it when they complain about doing chores ;)~

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

we tried multiple times to sell that washer, and another as we had two in our house when we bought it. The washers and the antique stove, and so many other things were junked because no one wanted them. I was surprised because I was convinced someone out there would be interested in it, considering it's age. Mrs. Slapinions

Anonymous said...

wow...lol

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I was born in the 80"s! Couldn't imagine using a thing like that lol! great pic! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF/entries/2008/02/03/j-land-photo-shoot-old/1035

Anonymous said...

hey...i remember those!  i've actually had to deal with those old fuse boxes in a couple of old houses in the past, and i can remember my grandmother running clothes through the wringer on a similar old washer.  :)  good job.
gina

Anonymous said...

I remember those old washers with the mangles, my Nan had one and my mother-in-law used one right into the 1980's!!!
Oh my! Someone else who loves Lost!!!  Me too.!!! Rock on.!!!
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

I'd be lost if I had to use one of those machines!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Great choices for the shoot!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

WHen I was young we had one of those washers in our basement....one time I got my arm caught in the ringer and my mom had to come down and help me pull it out....it was ok ...didn't break anything...but it sure scared me....back then we ironed everything...not now..I go to the dry cleaners regularly...  Great photos.    :)  Maria