google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Billy Mays of OxiClean Fame, Dead at 50

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Billy Mays of OxiClean Fame, Dead at 50

CNN is reporting that Billy Mays, the popular bearded pitchman for OxiClean and other products, as well as a star of his own reality series, was found dead in his Tampa home at age 50.




Saturday Mays had been on a jet that made a distressed landing when a tire blew out. He told a local Tampa reporter (emphasis mine):

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

An autopsy will be performed to identify the cause of death, and the airline has stated they will co-operate fully. RIP Billy - I think you were a lovable and believable salesman for a great product.

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

It's a bad week to be famous. :(

Slapinions said...

YOU'RE KIDDING!!!! SAD!!! I liked him!!! I just bought some OxiClean TODAY!!!OK, I guess I'm the only one who liked him, I'm reading that everyone else found him very annoying... LOL!!!Joann D- at 5:24pm June 28

Slapinions said...

Well if that's true that's sad. People suck. I'm glad you don't.

jeanne said...

I liked him, he made me smile, he was alwas so happy. To pass at age 50 is far too young. It is sad.

Slapinions said...

From Jan at Facebook:

Mays was about on par with Linda Soundtrack who shilled for a regional electronics chain about 30 yrs ago. Annoyingly loud voice - impossible to tune out. And Mays never dragged his kids into the commercials - that I ever noticed anyway.