google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Revisiting Michael Jackson

Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Revisiting Michael Jackson

I have to do a quick add-on to my Michael Jackson post. This morning I had to take LuLu to a doctor appointment, and on the way the radio was playing MJ all over the dial. I pointed out each of his songs as they came on, and after a good half dozen LuLu asked why he had "soooo many" songs. "Because he started singing when he was your age," I said. "And never really stopped." When we were in the doctor's waiting room the radio was once again playing Jackson. And right then I got to thinking about how much talent he had and about his stage presence. I thought about the sheer volume of quality work he put out there, and how it spans my entire lifetime. I'm not sure I was 100% genuine when I closed the last post with 'Rest in Peace', but I am now. Whatever your faults and your sins, you gave this world a lot of joy Michael. Thank you, and Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I liked this post...a lot.
Because it is true. I don't think people realize the sheer volume of this man's work and level of talent.

Granted, he had his issues...lots of them...but musically, he was a genius.

XOXO