google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Today's Summerfest Lineup - June 25th

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today's Summerfest Lineup - June 25th

Today's the start of Summerfest, Milwaukee's annual music festival down at the lakefront. It's perhaps best known outside the state as the event where George Carlin was arrested for doing his "Seven Words" routine.

I'm not a big fan of crowds, drunks, or spending the day baking in 85 degree heat, so it isn't my preferred activity. But I'm definitely in the minority, so with that in mind here's today's headliners, led by Bon Jovi and Puddle of Mudd. Personally I'd skip 'em all and go see the Meat Puppets at the U.S. Cellular stage at 8 p.m.

Enjoy the show!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Puddle of Mudd and Matthew Sweet would be cool, but I'm delighted to hear that you know of and like the Meat Puppets! "Too High To Die" remains one of my favorites from that era. A solid effort with some great songs, and I think the best of them is "Comin' Down." It's the most fun to sing along with, anyway!

Bridgett said...

The only musician from that list I wouldn't mind seeing is Jon Bon Jovi. Otherwise, bring on the Muppets! ;)

XOXO