google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Farrah Fawcett Dead at 62

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett Dead at 62


Farrah Fawcett, '70's icon and star of TV's Charlie's Angels, died this morning after battling cancer. She was 62.


My clearest memories of her are from watching The Burning Bed in the mid '90's. I was never into Farrah, as she was a bit before my time, although I do remember an episode of Charlie's Angels were she was kept captive in a steam bath. Even though I was a kid of five or six I remember being . . . impressed.

RIP.

5 comments:

Beth said...

You know, I've always thought that "The Burning Bed" was way underrated. I thought she did a great job in that movie. Another one that I thought was even better was "Extremities," in which she thwarts her would-be rapist. If you've never seen it, I definitely recommend it. RIP, Farrah.

Slapinions said...

Beth - I stand corrected. It is "Extremeties" I was thinking of, although I've also seen The Burning Bed. That also moves the timeline into the late '80's. Growing up my family had cable for only a small number of years, I'd say 1986-1988 ish. That would have been my only chance to have seen it, as I do remember it being on TV, not video.

Benny said...

I happened upon your blog trying to remember if my memory of Farrah Fawcett in a steam bath was real, or just my imagination.

Yes, it was my first "impression" too. I had no idea at the time what it meant.

Bridgett said...

I remember "The Burning Bed." Wow. I hadn't thought of that movie in years.

I always thought her voice sounded so child-like.

Her death is definitely heartbreaking...but it was expected. As was Ed McMahon's death.

But Michael Jackson?? I'm still in complete shock.

We grew up with him, Dan. :(

Estela said...

So, on the drive UP to Birmingham, I heard the news that Farrah was not expected to last the day. It was a strange drive that day. I was a teen in the 70's so I was very aware of Farrah and the rest of the angels. My sister wore the Farrah haircut for years! I hope Farrah is at rest now.