google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A thank you to Sybil

Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2009

A thank you to Sybil

Hi, I just thought I'd pop on and post a 'live' entry in the midst of all the prerecorded stuff. Not to worry folks, just one more Communinion post before I'm through.

I do, however, want to single out Sybil for special attention. She converses (with my approval) with YaYa online, and sent her a very nice card for her Communion. You know how big of a deal it is for a kid to get mail of any kind, much less from overseas. She was thrilled.

What sticks in my mind isn't that card, but the comment Sybil made that weekend. I passed it along to YaYa, and at the church, the party, and school the next day, she made dang sure everyone knew that a church in the UK said prayers on her behalf. It made her feel very special.

Thanks for that.

Anyway, off to work. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Awww...I would have loved that as a kid too.

On-line friends rock. :)

jeanne said...

That was so nice Sybil, thanks