google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Who's playing Summerfest - Monday June 29th

Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Who's playing Summerfest - Monday June 29th

Not a great lineup today, IMHO. I liked Heart for a minute back in the '80's, and I still dig some of their music. But the partisan side of me is still nursing a grudge over their objection to the use of Barracuda in the last election. Not that it would prevent me from stopping by to catch their free set if I happened to be there. But they can be seen at many lesser venues around Wisconsin, including a recent Pridefest - so why waste a day at the Big Gig on them?





Nor would I empty my wallet for George Strait, although I acknowledge him as a fine artist. I'm over country. It sounds fine, but their overuse of the chorus gets tiresome. However, Mr. Strait does hold the honor of being the artist who sang our wedding song in '96. Not in person, of course, as at the time I was not the World Famous blogger I am now. Even so, "I Cross my Heart" will forevermore hold a special place in the Slapinions household.



Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start.
I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart.
From here on after let's stay the way we are right now,
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete,
And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.
As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see,
So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm,
You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine,
A love as true as mine.
Fond memories there. Still, The Gufs aside, I'd say Monday is as good a day as any to avoid the festival grounds.

3 comments:

Joann said...

OMGosh!!! I LOVE THAT SONG!!! And I LOVED the movie Pure Country!! And I LOVE George Strait!! LOL!!! What a beautiful wedding song!!!

Bridgett said...

Heart is okay, but the rest of those singers I've either never heard of or I'm not interested in seeing.

I'm not a fan of country music either...but I do love your wedding song. It's always been one of my 'acceptable' country songs. ;)

XOXO

Rhianna said...

That is me and the hubs wedding song too! We were married in 2003. I love that song.