google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Who's playing Summerfest - Tuesday June 30th

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Who's playing Summerfest - Tuesday June 30th

There's a variety of talented artists headlining Summerfest today, but the selection of Chicago with Earth Wind & Fire at the Marcus Amphitheater strikes me as a weak draw. I could be wrong. I have nothing bad to say about Chicago. I think they're OK, and my sister C was always a big fan. EWF isn't my cup of tea, but my buddy Carlos likes them enough to crank them on his stereo on the way to Brewers games. So who knows, maybe they'll bring down the house.

Of the headliners I'd pick from one of two: blues great Buddy Guy, who's supposedly better in person than on vinyl, or Staind, a grunge-ish band that I could swear I saw in '99 or 2000. For those of you just as wrapped up in the music of your youth as I am, but who place that ear just a wee bit earlier in the 20th century, check out Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

I like Staind. And I've always been a huge Chicago fan, mostly when Peter Cetera was their lead singer though.

Joan Jett is probably going to be substantially more popular in the upcoming year. Kristen Stewart, the girl who plays Bella in the Twilight series, is portraying Joan on the big screen.

Joann said...

I LOVE E,W,& F!! And they are all still the originals!! As for Chicago, they are NOTHING without Peter Cetera... he WAS CHICAGO!!

I'd like to see Phil Vassar... I'm a country girl at heart!!