google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Random thoughts on a Monday night - it is Monday right?

Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Random thoughts on a Monday night - it is Monday right?

I was going to post my review of the hate filled The Assasination of JFK, Jr. today, but I think I'll shelve it for a bit. I hate going back to back on subject matter, be it political, reviews, or family pictures. Sure it happens sometimes, just recently in fact, but I find it's like playing two slow songs back to back on the radio - ewww.


* * *

If you're on Facebook you'll notice a big surge in my activity there. I'm still not sold on the concept, but I don't want to fall too far behind the times. Still I figure it's better than Twitter, as I see no reason to throw my every thought online. Can you imagine how boring and routine would that be? Sex, money, family, baseball, sex, sex again, means of egress in the event of the Zombie Invasion, baseball. No thanks.

* * *

Speaking of hate filled propaganda, Selena Roberts *poorly written* hatchet job on A-Rod tanked, with reports that fewer than 20,000 of the initial 150,000 printing have sold. I had the misfortune of reading a few of the ghastly chapters before I gave up and closed the cover, and trust me: it was crap.

It couldn't have happened to a better person. Keep in mind that aside from being dismissed as a hack and a fraud in the baseball community, Roberts tried, convicted, and executed the Duke lacrosse players time and time again in print - and then refused to admit she was even the tiniest bit wrong when they were exonerated. Pi*s on you Roberts, and well done Reading Public.

* * * *

Please note the re-emergence of the Free Rice game on my sidebar. Now you can choose your subject area - art, foreign language, math, etc - instead of just practicing your vocabulary.

* * * *

I'd congratulate the Lakers' on their 15th Championship, but on the rare occasions when I care about the NBA I don't devote an ounce of time to cold, corporate, high payroll teams that use their cash to dominate the league.

Now you'll excuse me as I finish signing up for my Yankees Fan Club.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I have noticed more Facebook activity on your part. I find it a nice supplement to my blog--a chance to post a video or news story without making multiple blog entries. I'm on Twitter, too, but don't constantly update--that IS boring, and my activities are on a need to know basis. It's more fun for following people like Russell Brand or the guys from MST3K.

Jeanne said...

Love that you are now on facebook. I'm not into Twitter, yet. But, I hear more of what Beth is saying about Twitter, it is more for following information, then making a statement if needed. Love your Random thoughts, and yes, it is Monday.

Bridgett said...

I didn't know you were on facebook!

How do I find ya, dahling?

XOXO