google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Just a timewaster on our TV preferences

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just a timewaster on our TV preferences

11 A.M:

I hate my phone. My attempts to catch up on some zz's this morning were interrupted by two work related calls, a trio of calls from my parents, one from a friend and another from a cemetary (more on that one later). All the calls were of either importance or good will, but c'mon! Guaranteed, if I'd been up and at 'em the thing would never have rang.

So I sit here with no time to go and nap, knowing that in half an hour I'll have to take Smiley to his first day of school for the year. So let's take the opportunity to clear up some misc TV thoughts:

1. I was tickled pink to discover that some of the employee's I talked to at the local Karl's Party Rental were flying out to work New York's Fashion Week. Lisa and I are big fans of Project Runway.  I was tempted to ask them to scoop the identities of the finalists showing at Bryant Park, but I held back to save the suspense of the finale.

2. The new Gong Show has joined the DVR rotation here. Raunchier than the original, but entertaining all the same.

3. I saw the Bob Saget roast on Comedy Central. SNL alum Jon Lovitz and Norm McDonald  were disturbingly un-funny, but Cloris Leachman ROCKED. Who knew the woman still had it in her?

4. We are also big fans of Clean House, but miss the Linda Cooper-Smith, Alan Lee Half era of the show. Lisa DESPISES 'Go to Guy' Matt Iseman, a large often unfunny (and sometimes creepy) castmember. Turns out ol' Matt is a stand-up comedian who is also a medical doctor! Huh! Who knew?

5. Jon and Kate Plus Eight, a reality show following the parents of sextuplets, is one of Lisa's favorite shows. I think Jon is a great Dad but find Kate an inconsiderate wife, albeit an attractive one. Then again, with eight kids most women would be grumpy no?

6. Naked Science and Is it Real? remain favorites of mine on National Geographic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok partner...doesn't your phone have a silencer? I just got a new one & I haven't plugged it in yet. It was at Target...RED! GE...6.0 & has google 411, speakerphone...great for when you are waiting on hold & want to work on the computer, caller ID, Do Not Disturb (that is what you want!), Selectable Ringtones, Visual Ring Indicator, Call Waiting and Digital Clock with Alarm. Now I'm looking the Google & Alarm Clock says Special Features...wonder if I have to pay more on those? Get this...only $29.99. I thought that was good. I thought the Red would be easier to find and some Feng Shui energy. Ok, so you made me open it & start charging & read the directions! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh & remember Phones don't disturb people do...sorry!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that while I've heard of some of these shows, we don't watch any of them!

At 8 o'clock Sunday morning, the phone rang. We leave the phone on in case there are any family emergencies. This time, it was the company who picks up our garbage, informing us that because of the holiday, trash pickup would be on Saturday rather than Friday.

Grrrrrrr.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't comment here.  I don't (or haven't) watched any of the shows you mentioned.  However, with 8 kids that woman can say and do anything that makes her feel better in my opinion.
Hugs, Joyce