google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: On Football and the Kids

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On Football and the Kids

I had third pick in my fantasy football draft, and with the two best running backs gone I'd decided to go with a star quarterback. "Peyton Manning or Tom Brady," I thought to myself. I debated for much of the three minute time limit and then, largely on a whim, chose Peyton and left Brady on the table.

Hee hee. Go Danny. Not that I wanted Brady to break his knee (but not that I'm crying for the Pats either)

Pointless story showcasing the Holy Favre mentality in Wisconsin:

An employee came up to me today and said she'd skipped the Packer game because she hoped they'd 'fall on their as*es' and that Favre would take the Jets deep into the playoffs.

To me, this is like saying you want the U.S. to collapse because Kerry lost in '04. It's about more than just one guy, isn't it?

"The hell with Brett Favre," I said.

She was shocked. "He led us to the Superbowl," she said.

"Yeah, eleven years ago. Whoo-hoo."

"The Packers had no business saying they didn't want him," she continued. "That was lousy of them."

Lousy? To take a man at his word (on retirement) and act accordingly? Like I said yesterday, a large number of people here are rooting against the Pack. It's sacrilege.

* * * *

Anyhow, here's some random pics of the kids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement.  It's just rediculous.  It's a team, not a one man show and like they say "there is no i in team".  Great pix of the kids as always.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how anyone could root against their team because they have a different QB....

Beth

Anonymous said...

Whjat a great photohraph that is of the two of them   Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

:)  a little early for driver's ed isn't it?  Very cute photos.

lol...now with Favre gone, I don't mind cheering for the Packers....and I love having a *good* reason not to like the Jets.  We (should) all know it's the whole team that goes to the SuperBowl...not just the QB.  I love the Mannings but I don't think either of them *took* the team to the Bowl...I think well orchestrated *teams* make it all the way.  If you want to give anyone credit, give it to the coaching staff who calls the plays in their ears.  Peyton Manning is one of few quarterbacks that calls his own plays.  'audible-audible' ;)

Can't honestly say that I've never wanted Brady injured, I've been waiting for it....<evil grin>

Manning will pick it up in the weeks to come...just rusty after little practice pre-season.  Wayne is looking good....in point margins I'm pretty sure he was a bit better than Harrison last season.

Have a good one!