google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Six Flags Great America

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Six Flags Great America

Around (on?) Lump's birthday Lisa took the family, minus yours truly and Lump herself, to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee. Our friend Chris and her kids also went along. 

I can't believe I lucked out and didn't have to go this year. I'll go on roller coasters but I don't enjoy them much, and the idea of a crowded park and lines stretching to eternity make me want to curl up in a ball and call for my Mommy.

Lisa, natch, loves roller coasters and theme parks, so the kids will never be short a volunteer chaperone.

The family loved the parade at the end of the day, were forced out of the waterpark area for an hour because of a 'Code Brown' (a fecal accident in the pool), and YaYa rode The Eagle, the old wooden roller coaster that's the park's oldest attraction, without blinking an eye. They returned home close to midnight.

A great day for everyone - including me :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic!

"Code Brown"...hahaha! Visions of "Caddy Shack!"

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'll volunteer to chaperone next summer! I interned there in the HR department in 1990! :-) I love the park & was the first, after the prez...to ride Iron Wolf! :-) Smiley is really going to love Batman later! The cave is soooooo cool! I always ride in the first car usually with my shoes off! Vertical Velocity is the best when it goes up backwards, clicks in & you are hanging in the first car for a bit until it releases! WEEEEEEEE!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day out to me..... for everyone !.... LOve Sybiol xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/  

Anonymous said...

Cool picture, and it is a great park, kind of pricey but cool

Looks like everyone had a great time..

Jeanne