google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: YaYa goes up North for a week

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

YaYa goes up North for a week

Immediately following summer camp YaYa went up North and spent a week with the family we'd visited for the 4th of July. I freely admit bawling (secretly) the night she left, but the week passed quickly.

Except for a bout of homesickness early on she did fine and spent the week biking, visiting the neighbor's farm, and swimming in the lake.

Translation: Jolene's Home - I was at Jolene's home for a week. Their backyard is a lake. I like to swim in it and their neighbor is a farmer and we go to the farm a lot. We went to the Milky-Wikly [ice cream stand]. Their car has a TV.

Thanks to Jolene and her family for hosting YaYa for the week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious!

I hated sending my kids to camp.........I always cried and missed them and didn't want them to go.  Every day was torture until they came home.

Oh, those adorable notes in their cute little handwritings.  Save them all.  My children are 41 and 42 now.  I have a huge box filled with all their papers, cards they made for me when they were young.

Oh, how I wish I could turn the clock back.  Those were my happiest days is when my children were young and innocent.  Time goes by so quickly.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she had a great time--what a cool thing to have a chance to spend a week at a place like that!

Beth

Anonymous said...

How cute.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a great wee letter. She sure had a great week away.  I do think it is good for children to occasionally be away from Mum and Dad and other brothers/sisters..It is all part of growing up isn't it.  Would you believe it yesterday afternoon we saw the SUN !! and this morning it is chilly but looks as though it is going to be bright !!  Yipee.....Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

She had such fun, :)  

I remember summers when I stayed at my grandparents home in Dottyville...

It is great experience and is part of growing up....

Jeanne