google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: 'My' pillows

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

'My' pillows

On this, the seventh anniversary of the 911 attacks, I thought I'd forego the solemn tributes that dominate the day and offer a glimpse of married humor.

Arlo and Janis has long been a favorite comic of mine. Today's strip is stolen right out of our nighttime routine. Lisa is obsessed with 'her' pillows, which include a body pillow and of late 'big fat kitty'. Big Fat Kitty is the stuffed animal LuLu got at the same time YaYa purchased the long-haired cat that I mistakenly shrunk in the dryer. Apparently, he makes quite a good pillow.

Then again, because of a pillow shortage caused by a houseful of guests, I slept with an alligator shaped stuffed animal as a pillow last night.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, yes, Ken and I have very different pillows! I have a smooshy feather/down pillow, and he has TWO of the rigid, contoured ones. We'd never be able to use each other's pillows!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Pillows are really funny things...how can we become attatched to a PILLOW  !! but we all seem to....hope you get a good sleep tonight ..with your own pillow !!   Love foe now  Sybil xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

LOL..love the strip.. and I have my own pillow as well... being a tummy sleeper, it's hard to find one that works well for that position.  :)  Estela

Anonymous said...

I usually end up with the dolphin shaped pillow...LOL
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Jaspare and I have our own pillow too, I loved the strip this morning, it was funny...

Anyway have a good night sleep tonight....lol

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Darn straight Beth, keep your mits off my pillows :o)