google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Weight Update

Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2008

Weight Update

Wow there's a lot to talk about.

There's two family trips to detail, a newly clapping baby (circa last Monday), a new VP pick, some movies and a book to review, the return to school, the local Harley Davidson rally, and the sad conclusion to the sale of the house I grew up in.

Let's start small, with some positive news.

A few days ago I stepped on the scale and for the first time in many a moon crossed the 350# mark - and going in the right direction, for all the wise-a**es out there.

Yup, 348 pounds. Roughly the scale weight of Guam, if I recall correctly, but a lot better than the ~360 I weighed a month or so ago and a whole heck of a lot better than the '450+' that a doc wrote on my employee physical back in '93.

I'm still taking a lot of stairs at work, eating right, popping fish oil and a multivitamin each morning, and riding the bike. I've also spent the last few days moving my folks, so I ache from head to toe but I'm sure it was good for the ticker.

350 was a big hurdle for me. Now if I can cross the 300 mark by my birthday [in March] I'll be happy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!  Great job!!!  I know the struggle and I'm REALLY, REALLY happy for you!!!!  Keep on keepin' on!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

That is BRILLIANT news about your weight...keep going it is sure to be doing you good and all those around you as well....the bike was a great idea.  I was just going to post to you to see if you were all ok. as I had missed your daily rantings !!   Looking forward to updates.   Love Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss.  It is always a good feeling to see that scale moving in the CORRECT direction :)    Estela

Anonymous said...

Good job, I know the weight thing well, I too fight it all the time....I'm not doing very well right now, but sure am glade you are....

Keep it up and you should get to your 300 mark by your birthday, what a great gift that would be....:)

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Congrats!  
:)  

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Dan, that is remarkable. Good for you...let part of your motivation be that you want to be around to see your grandkids. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

You go!!!!!  Congrats to you.  I am also trying to lose a few and I don't remember it being this hard when I was younger...lol.  I need to get some weight off my knee replacements and my back.  I've lost 14 so far.  Hard huh?  Good luck to both of us.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your achievement Dan.  I know how hard it is to make progress.  Keep up the awesome work !!!